The Lakmahal Community Library aims to expand reading horizons and create a community around literature by providing a space to meet, discuss and inspire creativity through community interaction and practice. It provides book lovers, readers, creative writers and poets a space to relax, work and engage in a range of activities such as writing workshops taught by well-known Sri Lankan writers, book clubs, talks and panel discussions.
We are looking for a full-time programme coordinator to plan and develop events and programmes at the library and assist day-to-day operations. Our ideal candidate should be someone who is passionate about reading and can work independently. Library qualifications are not necessary, but strong IT skills and a willingness to learn and operate library software is essential. He/She must also be confident in working with people from diverse backgrounds and be able to communicate effectively in English and either Tamil or Sinhala.
- Planning and organizing events and programmes at Lakmahal
- Designing communication materials for events and programmes
- Publicizing events and programmes amongst library members and the public
- Ensuring that Lakmahal is a welcoming space for readers from diverse groups
- Assisting in day-to-day operations and administration of the library
- Supporting members to make the best use of the library and its facilities
- Knowledge and experience in event and programme management
- Ability to communicate in English and Sinhala and/or Tamil
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience using and managing social media and other communication platforms
- Knowledge and experience in basic software packages such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Willingness to work on a roster basis, including weekends
- Knowledge and experience in basic design and communications softwares such as Canva and Mailchimp
- Management experience, particularly in customer service
- Experience with accounts management
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.